Studying the dynamics of morphogenetic events during mouse peri- and post-implantation development
Supervisor: Dr M. Zernicka-Goetz, co-supervisors: local Dr N. Christodoulou, C. Kyprianou, external: Dr N. Peyriéras (P3)
- Determine cell behaviour during formation and further development of two essential extra-embryonic tissues: visceral endoderm (VE) that gives rise to the yolk sac and extra-embryonic ectoderm (ExE) to the placenta.
- Compare development of embryonic-VE vs extra-embryonic-VE and define the timing of tissue segregation.
- Study ExE cavity formation and fusion of Epiblast (EPI) and ExE cavities.
- Maps of spatiotemporal cell reorganisation and movement within two extra-embryonic tissues (VE and ExE) surrounding the forming foetus
- Comparison of embryonic and extra-embryonic VE morphogenesis
- Mechanisms of ExE cavity formation and fusion of cavities and its developmental context
- Academic: P3 CNRS, Dr N. Peyriéras, exchange of practices for embryo imaging.
- Industrial: P13 4D-Nature, J. Ripoll, Introduction to other image acquisition systems and methods
Links to other projects: Close collaboration with ESR5 (CNRS) for mammalian embryo manipulations, labelling and imaging and with ESR9 for the implementation of new microscope solutions.