The First ImageInLife Conference took place in Gif-sur-Yvette (France) from 22 – 31 January 2018.
It started with 5-day workshop (22-26 January 2018) organised by:
- France BioImaging Ile de France Sud: BioEmergences and I2BC Imagerie Gif
- STUBA Bratislava
- Unitwin UNESCO CS-DC
The workshop started by the first session on “how to organise an e-conference”. The ESRs then have attended 6 out of the 8 following sessions (4 hours each) :
- Super Resolution
- 3D+time imaging of developing zebrafish embryos: confocal, multiphoton (upright and horizontal)
- FRET sensing theory and practice
- Exploring image processing
- Filtering and segmentation of image data
- Image data management and processing with Phy-aWaaS
- Data visualization and analysis with FIJI
- Interactive visualization
Training session on Ethics& Responsibilty in Science & Gender issues was given to ESRs (and to the large public) by Prof. Susanne Foitzik (University of Mainz) on 29th January 2018 (4 hours). Many cases of scientific misconduct were discussed and the workshop ended by an interesting debate between students and experienced researchers.
The workshop also included the introductions to ImageInLife animal models: rabbit model by V.Duranthon (INRA, France), zebra fish model by J.-P.Levraud (Institut Pasteur, France) and mouse model by P. Bousso (Institut Pasteur, France).
A teambuilding activity (game in Paris city center) was organised for all ESRs on 27th January 2018.